||(Win95/98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/Mac) (Jewel Case) (ISPYPUPDJ)
Kids - Ages 3-5
from Computing with
Brain Building Games for
Seven engaging play areas come
to life using delightful puppets and props. Kids build early reading and
thinking skills as they solve dozens of riddles in four story areas, put
together charming puppets, arrange puppet props by shared characteristics, and
create their own puppet sets. I Spy Junior: Puppet Playhouse inspires young
minds to grow!
Kids think when they play I Spy!
With I Spy, Kids Develop these
Important Learning Skills:
- Rhythm and Rhyming: What rhymes with seal? Fish,
whale or eel? Children develop awareness of how words sound as they solve
charming rhyming riddles.
- Storytelling and Development: The princess has
lost her crown, help her get it back from the sneaky dragon by solving the
riddles. As you play, the rhythm and rhyming strengthen early reading
- Word-Object Association: Build important beginning
reading skills by matching the words and pictures in the riddle with the
objects in the scene. Each time you find an object, the word highlights in the
- Sorting and Classifying: Put on your thinking cap!
Develop an important early math skill by sorting props into the correct cubbies
in this multi-leveled game.
- Number Recognition
- Visual Discrimination: By carefully observing the
picture, you learn to identify and name specific objects.
- Cause and Effect Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Creativity: Be creative! Kids choose from six
different backgrounds, dozens of puppets, and hundreds of props to create their
very own puppet show stage set.
- Following Directions: Kids follow directions as
they put together six puppet pals by placing the right pieces in the right
spots. Each time kids play, the objects change.
| The Little Lost Whale
A young whale has lost his
mother! The story unfolds as you solve eight different riddles.
Put on your thinking cap! Use
your classifying skills to sort the props into the correct bins in this
| The Princess and
The princess has lost her crown! Help her get it back
from the sneaky dragon by solving the riddles while building early reading
- Seven inviting play areas balance fun with learning
- Clever rhyming riddles introduce basic reading
- Hundreds of object-and-word searches are hidden within
the riddles, puzzles and games
- Handmade puppets and scenery encourage creative play
- Your child's name appears throughout the game
- Animated instructions help young children
Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP/Vista: Pentium 166, 32 MB
RAM, 4x CD-ROM
Macintosh: Power PC, 133 MHz, System 7.5.3-9.2, 32 MB
RAM, 4x CD-ROM
Computing with Kids by Jinny
"The strengths of this software are many. This is a great
way to learn both vocabulary and early reading skills because the riddles
highlight words, say them aloud, and show a picture of the hidden object.
Hunting for hidden objects to solve a riddle requires children to use visual
discrimination and memory. The sorting activity develops early math skills by
teaching children to classify objects by attributes. When making puppets,
children must learn to listen to directions."
© 1993-2000 CDAccess.com, Inc.