Sandiego Math Detective
||(Win95/98/Me/XP/Vista/Mac7.1-9.2) (Jewel Case) (CARMATHDJ)
Children / Math
Supports math standards set by the National Council of
Teachers of Mathematics.
Conquer Essential Math and Problem Solving
The world is in desperate need of your clever mathematical
mind! Carmen Sandiego has developed a sinister shrinking device that has
already taken the Mount out of Everest and the Grand out of the world's most
famous Canyon! To restore these and other cherished landmarks to their rightful
size, you must embark on 12 strategic adventures to solve hundreds of
skill-building word problems and equations.
- Over 250 different activities
- 3 levels of difficulty
- Thousands of math problems
- Over 400 word problems
- Customizable problem sets
- On-Screen Progress Report
- Strategy Guide with hints and tips
- Glossary of math terms
- Practice mode
34 Math Strategies for Math Success:
Learn, apply and practice the following skills and concepts
that will help you succeed at numerous types of math problems:
- Use ESTIMATION to find correct solutions
- Use MODELING to visualize and solve problems
- Use CONVERSION to compare fractions, decimals and
- Use SIMPLIFICATION to break down complex equations
- Use PATTERN RECOGNITION to solve attribute puzzles
- Use MATH FACTS to calculate with speed and accuracy
- Use NUMBER SENSE to improve mental math skills
- ....... and many more
Master essential math skills in a variety of fun-filled
computation activities. In Practice Mode, customize and play your own problem
- Practice: Addition, subtraction, multiplication and
- Convert: Decimals, fractions and percents
- Learn critical math skills and concepts, including:
Integer, Length, Width, Denominator, Numerator, Place Value
- Gain Number Sense by understanding the relationships
between: Whole Numbers, Integers, Positive & Negative Numbers
- Plus over 60 more!
Develop critical thinking skills by practicing over 400 word
- Analyze word problems
- Extract important data
- Convert word problems into equations
- Sharpen problem-solving skills
- Choose mathematical operations
Develop core geometry skills as you explore two-dimensional
shapes, angles and spatial relationships.
- Study shapes, angles and spatial relationships
- Construct geometric models
- Calculate Area and Perimeter
- Learn and apply over 40 geometric figures and concepts,
including: Circumference, Line Segment, Acute and Obtuse Angles, Trapezoid,
Polygon and Radius
Calling All Math Detectives!
You're just in time! If our calculations are correct, you
haven't a moment to lose! Carmen Sandiego's Quantum Crystallizer is shrinking
world treasures faster than you can count them. To save Mount Everest, the
Great Wall of China, and other cherished landmarks from Carmen's menacing
machine, you must engage in 12 critical missions packed with hundreds of
skill-building math challenges. Otherwise, all the world's treasures will soon
fit into the palm of Carmen's hand!
The Atom Smasher - Exercise essential math skills
such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division through drill and
CrimeWave Sensor - Determine the missing numbers in
each equation by estimating and working backwards.
Molecular Scope - Use your analytical thinking skills
to transform word problems into equations.
Microchip Decoder - Create and use geometric shapes
to illustrate problems and find solutions.
Light Spectrometer - Fine-tune your number sense by
ordering whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents, integers and monetary
Windows: Windows 95 or higher, 66 MHz 486 processor
or Pentium recommended, 16MB RAM, minimum 25MB Hard Drive space, 4x CD-ROM
drive or faster (a 2x speed drive is supported by 100MHz Pentium or faster),
640x480 display, 256 colors, Windows compatible sound card.
Macintosh: System 7.5.1-9.2, 100 MHz PowerPC or
faster (603e processor), 16MB RAM, minimum 20 MB Hard Drive space, 4x CD-ROM
drive, 640 x 480 display with 256 colors.
© 1993-2000 CDAccess.com, Inc.