Back in Stock
Best of the Best
Star Trek Titles
MIDI & Sound
Internet Only Game
ESRB Rating: Kids to Adults
Meet People From All Over The World .. Then Kill Them.
SubSpace is the massively multiplayer internet-only game that invites you to test your trigger finger and skills against thousands of other human opponents who are just as sneaky, vicious, underhanded and unpredictable as you are. And with new players from every time zone in the world joining every hour, you'd better watch your back.
Think of it as a survival of the fittest test.
1) Face - the massively multiplayer Internet challenge - battle in real time against thousands of human players from all over the world
2) Compete - against the best pilots in the world in 10 unique battle zones including Chaos, Speed, Turf, and War
3) Plot - strategies, mount attack plans and taunt other teams through a proprietary on-screen, real-time chat system.
4) Control - a SubSpace universe of your own creation. First time ever bundle of server and client means you can customize your own games and maps, create all-new ships and track your scores. Keep your games invitation-only or register with our world wide directory and have pilots from all over the world swarming in to fight you in your own, one-of-a-kind SubSpace universe.
5) Engage - in a constantly evolving game with over 100,000 active players and more joining every minute.
Select your ship - the Spider, Warbird, Terrior or Weasel - and dive headfirst into an explosive real-time battle where you're either vulching or vulched. Plot your strategies. Blast negs. Plant mines, Drop bombs. Ally yourself with cunning squads and ambush other teams. Or cloak yourself and wage war solo.
Javelin - Fastest ship in the game
The Javelin is a fast, well-powered craft that is hard to handle due to its relatively weak acceleration. Speed is what the Javelin is all about. Not only does its speed allow it to reach powerups before other ships, but it gives a decisive edge in combat if used correctly.
Lancaster - Special bomber
The Lancaster has one remarkable feature. Its plasma bombs are timed and thus able to bounce off obstacles, allowing the pilot to attack targets not normally available. Lancasters are very useful in closed areas and invaluable in warzone games.
Leviathan - the only ship able to carry Level 3 bombs
The Leviathan is the only craft to start with bombs and it has the energy capacity to use them. One Level 3 bomb can destroy most starting ships and two can kill any ship in the game. The Leviathan's whole strategy is centered around bringing this weapon to bear.
Spider - The only ship with cloaking ability
The Spider is of average speed, average handling and weakly armed. Its one great advantage is that of cloaking. The cloaking device, when turned on, makes the Spider invisible to the naked eye, giving it a huge advantage in terms of gathering intelligence and spying.
Terrier - Twin "hound" ion guns
The Terrier is another great beginners' ship. Its twin guns allow it to spray an enemy with bullets and keep him on the defensive. The Terrier is also that rarest of ships, one that starts out strong. This means the Terrier pilot is less likely to be "negged" than other types of ships.
Warbird - Most maneuverable ship in the game
The Warbird is the ideal craft for the beginner. Easy to learn and packing a good punch, an expert Warbird pilot can run rings around less maneuverable opponents.
Weasel - Experimental electronic countermeasures craft
The Weasel is a superb ECM craft. Not only does it see minefields on radar (displayed as white dots) but it also fires special EMP bombs, which cause damage on impact and stop the enemy from recharging. The Weasel is very much a thinking pilot's craft. Craft pilots use this ship to incredible effect.
Requirements: 60 MHz Pentium, 12Mb RAM with Windows 95, double speed CD-ROM, 28.8k baud modem and High Quality Internet Connection.
Recommended: 90 MHz Pentium, 16 MB RAM
©1998 CD-ROM Access.
All rights for original work reserved.