(Win95/Win98) (Retail) (SOULBRPR)
You Must Become the Soulbringer...
Thousand of years ago six demon kings, known as the Revenants, ruled the
world with an iron fist and bloody swords. Their powers to claim the bodies of
mortal vassals, and live in the realms of man forever. The great hero and
warlock Harbinger was the only one who could stand up to their power. One by
one he hunted the Revenants, taking their souls and casting them into the Well
But, the Revenants survived...
As a young man you will travel to meet your
uncle in the town of Madrigal. Here, your destiny draws you into the path that
Harbinger trod - to confront the Revenants and banish their souls back to the
Your travel will take you far from Madrigal - to the ruined kingdoms of
Horath and the ancient empire of Thardolin and through the lost city of
Talendrah. You will brave searing desert and icy plains. You will have to seek
answers among the living and the dead. You must confront the mightiest of the
Revenants - the demonic Skorn - in his citadel of Galdon Thor and there drag
him and his kin from the world of man. You must succeed where Harbinger did
One of the most involving and epic scenarios ever
written for an RPG adventure:
- Five-act plot invloves the player in a fully 3D world with 1000 years of
- Over 60 unique speaking NPCs (non-player characters) with over 450 people
- Over 100 locations to visit spanning an incredible 60 unique maps! Time
passes realistically and locations do not 'stagnate'.
- If you return to a location at a later time, things will have changed.
- Seamless gameplay - the interface is consistent for combat, travel, magic
and cut scenes.
- A quest load system make sure that you always know what you need to do next
innovative and unique magic system: the Seculorum
- Over 60 spells to master based on the five elements Water * Fire * Spirit *
Air * Earth.
- Each element consumes another in a circular pattern. As spells are cast,
the appropriate element gets larger, but at the expense of another element.
- In order to be a true 'elementalist', you must balance out your
spell-casting of all the different elements
customizable and very realistic combat system that can be as simple or complex
as you like:
- Each motion captured attack takes place in real-time
- Each weapon offers a different set of attack options (Stab, Thrust, Slash,
etc.). Depending on the weapon and option selected, the character's moves will
- Players can create customizable combat macros which allow attack options to
be linked in any way the player chooses.
Pentium 233Mhz, Windows® 95/98, 32MB of RAM, 8x CD-ROM Drive, DirectX
compatible Sound Card, 3D Hardware Accelerator Card with a minimum of 4MB of
on-board RAM, 500 MB of free hard drive space, DirectX 7 and Windows Media
Player Extensions (included).
Note: If you use a 3D hardware accelerator card you need at least 8Mb on
board RAM on yuor card (16MB is recommended). Also supports a 3D surround sound
and SBLive sound card.
Gamer's Alliance posted by Chris
"From what I've seen of Soulbringer after getting to level 5 within the
game, which doesn't happen overnight, I'm really impressed. This game will
appeal to a lot of the old school CRPG gamers who don't need to see the latest
greatest 3D gaming engine, although the world definitely has a unique look that
grows on you the more you play. Infogrames has a great little title on their
hands here that has a very interesting story to it, nice combat system, great
NPCs, and world to explore. Other than more interactivity with the environment,
what more could any CRPG gamer ask for? "
© 1993-2000 CDAccess.com, Inc.