Ages 6 to 9
||(Win95/98/XP/Mac) (Jewel Case) (READM6DJ)
Publisher: The Learning Company
Ages: 6 to 9
Reader Rabbit's Math Ages 6 to 9 builds elementary math skills as children
help Sam the Lion, Penelope the Parrot, and Reader Rabbit explore Pirate
Island. Each of the nine activities is designed to improve children's math
skills in fun and engaging ways.
Arcade activities use fast action to give children practice in rapidly
recognizing the correct answers, thereby helping children to memorize basic
math facts. Exploration activities encourage children to experiment with math
concepts as they solve problems in the context of the program.
A list of the skills covered in each of the activities follows.
Don't Wake the Pirates
- Identifying number patterns
- Adding numbers to form a series
- Subtracting numbers to form a series
- Practicing the multiplication tables
Fishing for Numbers
- Adding two-digit numbers
- Subtracting two-digit numbers
- Multiplying to create two-digit products
- Dividing with one- and two-digit dividends
- Recognizing when a number is greater or less than another number
- Recognizing when a number is between two numbers
- Recognizing when a number is greater or less than a math expression (using
addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
IBM PC and compatible 486DX/66 MHz or better, 16MB of memory (RAM), hard
disk with 20MB of free disk space, quad speed or higher CD-ROM drive, 256 color
SVGA, DOS 5.0 or higher, Windows 95/98 /XP and NT 4.0), Windows compatible
sound card, mouse.
Macintosh:7.1 or higher, Power PC 66 MHz, 16 MB RAM, 22 MB free hard
disk space, 4x speed CD-ROM drive, 256 color display,
© 1993-2000 CDAccess.com, Inc.