Back in Stock
Best of the Best
Flight Sim Add-ons
Star Trek Titles
MIDI & Sound
||Microsoft Flight Simulator
||(Win95/98/NT) (Retail) (MSFSIM98PR)
Game / Flight Simulator
ESRB Rating: Kids to Adults
As Real As It Gets
The world leader in flight simulation for the PC pushes technology and
realism beyond the horizon. With a global database of scenery and airports,
pilot-tested flight models, detailed instrument panels, and a fleet of
challenging aircraft, Flight Simulator 98 is simply as real as it gets.
Whether you're an airline captain or a student pilot, you want to fly with
the leader. Only Microsoft Flight Simulator 98 gives you cutting edge graphics
technology combined with worldwide scenery and airports. Flight models
developed, tested, and validated by the experts ensure the most realistic
flight simulation. Fifteen years of experience makes Flight Simulator 98 the
most compelling flight simulator ever.
From Helicopters to Jets, you've got the best seat
in the house!
- 3D acceleration and MMX compatibility make out-the-window views come alive
- Detailed scenery based on a digital atlas keeps you on course, whether
you're just sight-seeing or following checkpoints on a cross-country flight.
- 20 new metropolitan areas bring the total to more than 45 around the world
- Explore the natural wonders and cityscapes from around the globe, including
Hawaii, the Caribbean, Japan, and a new photo-realistic Hong Kong area
- Fly over the world's most famous landmarks, including the pyramids, the
Colosseum, Red Square, the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, Buckingham
Palace, Easter Island, and more
high resolution cockpits set the standard!
- When the weather closes in and you have to depend on your instruments,
you'll find the detailed instrument panels up to the challenge
- Learn the fundamentals with the Cessna's basic IFR panel. Advance to the
Bell 206, then try to keep up with the latest electronic displays in the Boeing
- From dawn till dusk and beyond, advanced navigational aids will keep you in
the air and on course
"Bluesky 727, cleared to land...."
- Digitally recorded sounds for each aircraft bring your plane to life
- Real air traffic control chatter adds a new dimension to your adventures
world of data!
- Take off quickly from any of the 3,000 airports with the interactive `Go
- Need to tune in a VOR, find an ILS, or check a runway length? Information
about navigation aids and airport details is just a few clicks away in the
comprehensive online Airport/Facility Directory.
than skin deep.
- The most realistic flight models are built from the ground up using actual
engineering and test data.
- Test pilots and aeronautical engineers from Learjet complete the testing
and validation of the Learjet 45.
about aviation: from aeronautics to Zulu time
- Go from beginning pilot to aerobatic ace: multimedia training is based on
real courses developed by experts from FlightSafety and Patty Wagstaff, three
time US national aeronautics champion.
- Improved interactive lessons with an onboard instructor get you in the air
quickly, then help you master advanced skills.
`Traffic at 12 o'clock..."
- Now you'll have to watch more than instruments. Multiplayer capability puts
you in crowded skies with pilots from all over the world
days and stormy nights.
- Real pilots aren't just fair weather flyers. You can turn a pleasant
afternoon hop into a white-knuckle approach at midnight. Wind shear,
thunderstorms, fog - are you up for the challenge
- Feel hard landings with force feedback support.
command of the world's most popular aircraft
- Experience the most advanced and accurate flight models available on the PC
- each validated by the experts - Cessna, Learjet, and aerobatic champion Patty
- Ready for a hop in a chopper? Try the new Bell 206B JetRanger III
- Blast off in the new Learjet 45, a plane even the jet-setters are still
waiting to fly.
- Fly your favorites - the Cessna 182 Skylane, Extra 300S, Boeing 737-400,
Schweizer sailplane, and Sopwith Camel.
into the pilot's seat. Take the controls.
- 3D acceleration and MMX technology snap scenery into an electrifying new
- High resolution instrument panels put you in today's technologically
- Digitally sampled sounds bring each aircraft roaring to life.
Simulator 98 gives you more of the globe than ever before
- Take off from more than 3,000 airports worldwide. With 10 times more
airports than before, you'll be in the traffic pattern at airline hubs and
- Detailed scenery for 45 international metropolitan areas, including 20 new
US cities, lets you start your adventures almost anywhere - even from a
Experience crowded skies and G-force feedback
- Multiplayer features put you in the sky with other pilots via Internet or
- Free Internet matchmaking on the Internet Gaming Zone lets you enter
international airshows and aerobatic competitions (Internet access required -
Connect time charges may apply).
- Force-feedback joystick support makes `pulling G's' more than just a game!
486DX/66 Mhz or higher processor (Pentium recommended), Windows 95 or
Windows NT Workstation version 4.0 or later, 8 Mb RAM for Windows 95 / 12 Mb
for Windows NT (16 Mb recommended), 100 Mb of available hard drive space, 2x or
faster CD-ROM drive, Super VGA, 256 color monitor, Microsoft Mouse or
compatible pointing device (joystick recommended), Sound card with speakers or
headphones required for audio.
3D graphics accelerator card compatible with Microsoft Direct3D, MMX
microprocessor, Force feedback peripherals compatible with DirectInput.
©1998 CD-ROM Access.
All rights for original work reserved.
Service marks and trademarks of other companies remain the
of those companies. CD-ROM Access has no interest in the
trademark of others.