ESRB Rating: Everyone - Animated blood and violence
Real Men. Real Consequences.
It's raining hellfire. Your squads are hungry and tires. You're in command.
But will they follow your orders? To succeed, you must lead your men through
WWII's bloodiest battlefronts based on the strengths, stamina and psychological
profile of each soldier. Fight gritty trench warfare in the Normandy Campaign.
Take control of five strategic bridges in Operation Market Garden. And command
a fire brigade on the Russian Front. In these award-winning Close Combat games,
you must unify your men for one mission - to bring the enemy alliance to its
The initial installment of this great series gives you the first real-time
strategy game with soldiers who not only react realistically to the situation
they're in but are also dynamically affected by real combat pressures. Lead
your men through the terror, fatigue, and sheer hell of the battle of St-Lo
during the Normandy Campaign.
- Play as the Americans or the Germans
- Modify the battlefield - blast holes in buildings and hedgerows, and dot
the landscape with mortar craters
- Direct and indirect fire with limited ammunition
Dig in, soldier! Based on Operation Market Garden, Close Combat: A Bridge
Too Far challenges you to take control of five strategic bridges in the most
dramatic battle of World War II.
- Fight across three fronts simultaneously in real-time combat
- Elevated terrain, multistory buildings, and true line of sight/line of fire
- More than 130 realistically modeled infantry units and vehicles
- Battlemaker - design your own battles by hand-picking the fighting units
Command the same men throughout the entire four-year campaign - from the
initial German invasion of Operation Barbarossa, to the pivotal Russian
victories at Moscow, Stalingrad, Kursk, and Berlin. Or rewrite a chapter of
history by rallying your German troops to take Red Square.
- Battle using over 300 specialized squads - 100 weapons, 60 soldier types,
and 80 distinct vehicles and antitank guns
- Create your own "what-if scenario" with the enhanced scenario editor
- Rally your units on the battlefield around new commanders
Multimedia PC with a Pentium 133 MHz or higher processor, Microsoft Windows
95 or Windows 98 operating system, 32MB of RAM, 120MB of available hard disk
space, quad speed or faster CD-ROM drive, Super VGA video card supporting
800x600 high color (16-bit) resolution, Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing
device, Windows 95 or Windows 98 compatible sound card, speakers or headphones
recommended, 1 MB Local bus Super VGA video display, 28.8 baud modem for
head-to-head play, Internet access for Internet play.
© 1993-2000 CDAccess.com, Inc.