||(Win95/98/Me/XP) (CD Only in Sleeve) (FIGHTSTPO)
ESRB Rating: Everyone - Animated violence
World War II Surface Combat
Combining the depth of a detailed simulation and the
tactical challenges of the finest wargame, Fighting Steel re-creates the most
spectacular naval gunnery battles of WWII from 1939-1942. Command ships from
the British, German, American and Japanese fleets - everything from a single
ship to a task Force consisting of several divisions - in real-time action.
Combat takes place in a true 3-D world. All ships are fully
rendered and textured 3-D models, providing a high level of detail and extreme
realism. An auto-camera allows you to view the action from many different
camera angles - without losing sight of critical events as they unfold.
Detailed combat and maneuvering systems accurately simulate naval surface
combat, while the powerful and easy-to-use interface lets you concentrate on
strategy and tactics. Historical scenarios, campaign games, computer-generated
scenarios and a scenario editor make for hundreds of hours of intense
- 3-D rendered ships that move and fight in a true 3-D
- Control multi-ship divisions and/or individual ships in
- Realistic 3-D depiction of battle damage sustained by
- Over 90 ship classes from the British, German, American
and Japanese navies of 1939-1942
- Over 10 historical scenarios from the Atlantic and the
Pacific - including long-range day time slugfests and close-in nighttime
- Includes 4 linked-scenario campaigns (one for each navy)
derived from Britain vs. Germany in the Atlantic and U.S. vs. Japan around
- Set up an unlimited number of computer-generated
encounters or use the scenario editor to create custom scenarios
- Play against the computer or engage in multiplayer games
over the internet
Windows 95/98/Me/XP: Pentium 200, 64 MB or RAM or
greater, 4 MB 3D Accelerator SVGA card, hard drive, 4x CD-ROM drive,
mouse, DirectX compliant sound card (Wavetable synthesis recommended), 28.8
Kbps modem for internet play.
Tested OK on Windows XP.
© 1993-2000 CDAccess.com, Inc.