|| Panzer Campaigns:
||(Win98/Me/XP) (Jewel Case) (ELALAMPJ)
Publisher: HPS Simulation
Africa In 1942
El Alamein '42 covers the epic desert battles of 1942 in North Africa, when
Rommel and the Afrika Korps were at their high water mark after the capture of
Tobruk. Turning the Afrika Korps back east, Rommel was to be denied the
ultimate victory in the desert at a lonely, unheard of railroad stop known as
- 1 kilometer hexes, 2 hour turns, with a longest Panzer Campaign master map
measuring approximately 780 x 220 kilometers. Over 3,200 units represent the
German and Allied forces in this classic series of desert battles, mainly at
battalion and company level
- Players control tank, reconnaissance, artillery, infantry, parachute,
glider, engineer, antitank, flak, rocket, headquarters, and a wide variety of
other specialized units
- 34 historically based scenarios are included, with several "what-if"
scenarios including an airborne attack on Malta. There are several campaign
scenarios, with alternative versions that include extra forces for one or both
sides. Other scenarios include Ruweisat Ridge, Bir Hacheim, and The
- El Alamein '42 can be viewed and played in either 2d or 3d mode. A new
"quick play" feature allows the computer AI's turn to resolve ten times the
previous speed, allowing for much faster play
- Supports single person play against the computer, two-person hot-seat,
two-person Play-By-E-Mail, and multiplayer network play over LANs and the
- Comes with Main Program, full-featured Scenario Editor, and Order of Battle
- Complete on-line Help documentation plus on-line printable documentation in
Microsoft Word format.
Pentium-based 200mhz+ PC with 32 megabytes of RAM. -250 megabytes of hard
drive space . DirectX 8.1+ is required and will install if not already present
and not superceded.
Windows 95 is not supported.
© 1993-2000 CDAccess.com, Inc.